[Ashton obtained Random House JP-EN/EN-JP Dictionary!]
It is pretty great for beginners, I found it pretty easy to open up and find words. The only problem I do have with it, is that it is in English ABC order, not 五十音, which basically means whenever I am more used to Japanese, I will need to obtain another Dictionary, except I suppose the next one I get will be in just Japanese.
So, after the unofficial 3rd day of Katakana, I have nothing finished. I made my flashcards, and finally found a good SRS-deck. I have just been busy with a ton of other things, which is a crappy excuse that I am really tired of using.
To make up for all of my slacking for the past few days (Hell, I even didnt post for one day), I am going to buckling down….and playing Final Fantasy 9…Which I practice Katakana! Think of it like a drinking game.
– Use an item [Pick a random card, name it.]
– Fight a boss [Do a full run-down on every card.]
– Save [Do a full run-down on every card.]
– Fight a random mob [Take a sho—-Pick a random card, name it.]
Also, I have modified my order of learning, so I will reiterate it…Mostly for myself Because of how I have been.
Feel free to ignore this part.
Learn/Recall ALL Hiragana.
* Learn/Recall ALL Katakana.
* Begin learning sentences [2/1000 learned]
—- Learn the Kanji for words in each sentence in the list.
—- This does not count phrases 「おはようございます！」[Ohayou Gozaimasu]
* After 1,000 sentences:
* Learn all software-related words in Japanese. [Power-user && programmer-lingo]
* Play Japanese-games, every time I see something I do not understand, I will look it up, and learn it.
* Attempt to translate!
I would like to note, after I learn to read both kana, I plan on mixing all of these together. It has almost been a month, hopefully, when day 31 hits. I will look back at all the posts I have made, I will see the progress…and be proud of myself, and be able to push for the 3 month mark.
If anyone has any good RPGs, feel free to post them. I might even do a Lets-Play, and translate it/post it on youtube. That would be pretty fun.